We are pleased to be able to accept applicants
for this summer's NSF/DOD funded Research Experience for
Undergraduates Program in Materials Science at JMU. If you meet the
following criteria, please feel free to complete the application
process below and we will see if there is a place for you in our labs.
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident (green card
- You must be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at an
accredited 2 or 4-year college or university in both the spring of
2011 and fall of 2011.
- You must be able to work full-time in our research labs for the
period of the REU program this summer (5/31/11-8/5/11)
- You must commit to presenting your research work at the final
symposium at JMU during the final week of the program.
- Preference will be given to students early in their academic
careers (i.e., rising sophomores and juniors) who show potential for
development as science, engineering, or math majors.
How to apply:
JMU Materials Science REU
- Complete the online application form
- Ask one faculty member to complete the online reference form for
- Have one copy of your official transcript sent to:
Harrisonburg, VA 22807-4310
The deadlines for applications are
- For JMU Students : Friday, February 11, 2011
- For non-JMU Students : Friday, March 11, 2011